Saturday, December 16, 2006

So-so News, Bad News

ABC has decided to revive "Phillip Marlowe." I wonder if Chandler is spinning in his grave, or merely tipping another one back. Two of my favorite bloggers have decided to hang their blogs up.

Author David Terrenoire gave up the blogging ghost, though he will obviously still write novels. The biggest kick in the 'nads was JJ putting the shutters on my favorite shop. Even though I was that creepy kid that he used to chase out with the broom, I loved that place and he provided the venue in his Friday Flash Fiction, that kept me writing when I almost didn't feel like writing any more.

Not to mention that in a world where political conversations have become all about shouting and angry rhetoric, they were two safe, calm and sane voices.

God bless you two and may you both attain ridiculous amounts of fame and money.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

aaah, jj's loss was so eloquently noted here by you... i didn't know what to say when he suttered himself.

Sun Dec 17, 06:02:00 AM PST  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

i mean "shuttered" of course...

Sun Dec 17, 06:03:00 AM PST  
Blogger James said...

Philip Marlowe in modern-day LA is no Philip Marlowe at all. Let's bring Sherlock Holmes to modern London, too, huh?

That's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

Sun Dec 17, 02:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

Thanks and I wish I knew. Maybe he wasn't getting back what he put into it or maybe he was just tired. I knew what you meant, unless he "John Suttered" himself, which meant that he's discovered gold.

James,

That's kind of how I feel about, I don't see how it would transfer over. Yet, as TVGasm pointed out, ABC did a pretty good job updating "Dragnet" and I agree with them somewhat.

Keep in mind that I'm not a "Dragnet" purist or hardcore aficionado, not mention that it took me a long time to cotton to Ed O'Neill as Friday because I kept projecting him as Al Bundy.

Sun Dec 17, 03:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

oh, that is sad. great blogs. but, I suspect they are moving on to bigger and better things! even more success awaits.

Mon Dec 18, 04:16:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie,

One would hope so.

Mon Dec 18, 07:42:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home