Saturday, December 16, 2006

I Owe Katie A Meme

Oh-oh, I owe somebody a meme and I think they won't come back to this blog until I post it.

I had a hard time coming up with six new quirks, as anyone who has regularly read this blog for the past six months, has seen pretty much all of them.

1) I will email you in an instant, but you can wait 'til hell freezes over for written letter from me. I won't even Christmas card you, the Missus is in charge of that department. If it involves stamps, my signature and it's not the rent, don't bother waiting on it.

2) I talk to myself. Not as loud as the schizos on a city corner or people on cell phones (thank you all for making me look slightly saner), but just above a whisper and most of it is non-perinent. I am an only child and sometimes that's how I work things through.

3) I'm a bad friend. When things get difficult as they do through friendships, I let them deteriorate, rather than make the effort to repair them.

4) I do not watch any, and I mean any, TV shows in their first run any more. "My Name Is Earl?" I'm saving for DVD watching next summer and I've gotten bored with police procedurals, which I would have to tape anyway since they start while I'm getting ready for or at work. I even wait for "Top Chef: Season Two" to replay on Bravo, rather than tape it.

5) "You have an appreciation for haute cuisine, yet you go to "In & Out Burger." -The Missus.

6) I have a love/hate relationship with advertising. Let me explain it this way, how would a San Franciscian screenwriter or director live between gigs? We're down to about three major Hollywood productions filming up here, a year. I'm not counting films that shoot five exterior shots and film the rest in Canada, I mean at least forty percent of their filming in the city and Treasure Island Studios.


So what do film people do for work? Advertising. In every fourth car commercial from Mercedes to Mitsubishi, they film in the Marin Headlands, right by Mount Tamalpais. So I decided along time ago to study advertising, because in the City, it's the only film gig that pays the regular bills.

Still, I don't like when ads cannibalize the others. I don't like it when they don't accurately parody or steal from films, and I plain hate advertising because it is the fast track for commercial directors to get the gig over worthy film directors.

So, Katie sez "At the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog."

1. Dani 2. Becka. I told ya, yer tagged for life ; ) 3. James. This where I always slot Gian Don, but I promised him no more memes this year. 4. Chelene, though I know she won't tag anybody else. 5. Dale, who has cracked me up the most this week. 6. And Haahnster.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this should be a doozy. Mine should really be to pick 6 things about myself that are NOT weird.

In N Out burger isn't haute cuisine? I so beg to differ.

Sat Dec 16, 01:13:00 PM PST  
Blogger barista brat said...

my boyfriend never watches 24 until the dvd set comes out, and then it's a 2 day marathon viewing.

i like it when vh1 does top model marathons (heehee) and as i type this i'm watching top chef on bravo.

Sat Dec 16, 01:32:00 PM PST  
Blogger chelene said...

I'm with you on #2, WP. I'm an only child also so I let my right brain and left brains battle it out.

Sat Dec 16, 04:11:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dani,

"In N Out burger isn't haute cuisine? I so beg to differ."

Je respectueusement suis en désaccord...

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/haute%20cuisine

Brat,

If anybody talks smack about your boyfriend, they'll get smacked. I always respect a kindred spirit.

Couldn't you just watch "Top Chef" all day?

Chelene,

Absolutely, plus if you do a little louder than usual, you can get a seat on the subway.

Sat Dec 16, 06:14:00 PM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

wp, there is no way on god's green earth that you are a bad friend. sorry, I don't see it. I refuse to believe it.

love, love, love the in-n-out meets food snob. now that is a well rounded eater. bravo.

why don't you watch television in its first run? I have to know! spill, child, spill.

love that you talk to yourself. that's the best! question, what does this mean, "I am an only child and sometimes that's how I work things through."?

Sat Dec 16, 06:50:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

"wp, there is no way on god's green earth that you are a bad friend. sorry, I don't see it. I refuse to believe it."

You only know me online...

"love, love, love the in-n-out meets food snob. now that is a well rounded eater. bravo."

If food is good, what's not to like?

"why don't you watch television in its first run? I have to know! spill, child, spill."

I'm in the shower no later than 9:05 PM and I'm off to work. I have to tape everything and for whatever reason, it became a hassle to tape and watch everything. I have three unwatched episodes cued on the VCR that I still haven't bothered with.

If a program comes on in repeats on the weekend, I might catch it then.

"I am an only child and sometimes that's how I work things through."?

I think Chelene described it best in her comment above...

Sat Dec 16, 10:30:00 PM PST  
Blogger Joe Fresser said...

An In'n'Out double double with hand cuts fries is worthy of comparison with the best bistek haché avec pomme frites. It's artful and elaborate.

But seriously, even great chefs like hamburgers.

Sun Dec 17, 12:13:00 AM PST  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

ditto on #1 & #2!

Sun Dec 17, 06:48:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Joe,

I don't know how artful it is, it's certainly the prettiest of all the major chains. Yeah, I've read several interviews in the S.F. Chronicle and one with Anthony Bourdain that chefs eat nothing but junk. Because that's what they love and that's the type of restaurant that's open late at night.

Angel,

Absolutely.

Gian Don a.k.a. Johnny Dollars,

You've got it, I'll be over in a few.

Sun Dec 17, 03:22:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

I want to know specifically when I didn't crack you up. Or else I'm not doing your meme. Okay, I'll do it but I promise to be very slow about it as I'm busy not doing other stuff too.

Sun Dec 17, 07:37:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

All right, you've cracked me up the whole week, but not in my sleep because that would be just akward. Lookin' forward to the meme.

Sun Dec 17, 08:38:00 PM PST  
Blogger BeckEye said...

Ummm, yeah....gee, I think Blogger Beta is preventing me from doing memes. I don't know what the deal is. ;)

Tue Dec 19, 03:30:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

That's funny, I thought you were from Pennsylvania, because I didn't know that they have Dodgers in Pittsburgh ; )

Tue Dec 19, 07:49:00 PM PST  
Blogger BeckEye said...

Fine, I'll play your game.

By the way, Blogger is out of beta so you have no more excuses for not getting your ass over to my blog and making some pithy comments.

Thu Dec 21, 09:01:00 AM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

Can I be a dodger too? I'll think about the meme in the next couple of days now that I'm done with work and can breathe. Maybe.

Thu Dec 21, 06:50:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

"Fine, I'll play your game."

Oh, jeez, put it that way, why don't ya?

"By the way, Blogger is out of beta so you have no more excuses for not getting your ass over to my blog and making some pithy comments."

Wha? I've never worn a pith helmet in my life and...oh, never mind. Hey, I've been lurking over there.

Dale,

In the interest of saving relations between our countries, you get a reprieve from the almighty fearful meme.

Thu Dec 21, 07:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

In the interests of not pissing off my American friends and having enjoyed cross border shopping on occasion, I have rolled at least a few weird things into my Friday Random Ten post. And if that's not good old fashioned guilt at work, I dunno what is!

Fri Dec 22, 04:29:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

I swear, I have to expand my musical horizons. Everyone's Friday Random Ten Lists are getting more and more obscure to me.

Fri Dec 22, 12:25:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

Do you know how much work it is to pretend you're cool WP? Keep reading our lists. Haha, I'm exhausted!!

Fri Dec 22, 07:39:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home