Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Second Funniest Food Blog Entry, Ever

So Procrastinator Junior is sick, which means the both of us have to stay inside. Stir crazy yet? Naw, I have the Internet and Lord if I didn't strike blogging gold. This is the second funniest food-related blog entry, ever. Anthony Bourdain savages most of the Food Network personalities, as well as his former employer.

You don't believe me? Check out this Bourdain excerpt on Giada DeLaurentis:

What’s going on here!? Giada can actually cook! She was robbed in her bout versus Rachael Ray on Iron Chef America. ROBBED!

And Food Net seems more interested in her enormous head (big head equals big ratings. Really!) and her cleavage--than the fact that she’s likeable, knows what she’s doing in an Italian kitchen--and makes food you’d actually want to eat. The new high concept Weekend Getaway show is a horrible, tired re-cap of the cheap-ass “Best Of” and “40 Dollar a Day” formula.

Send host to empty restaurant. Watch them make crappy food for her. Have her take a few lonely, awkward stabs at the plate, then feign enjoyment with appropriately orgasmic eye-closing and moaning..Before spitting it out and rushing to the trailer. Send her to Italy and let her cook. She’s good at it.

Of course, my most favorite, funniest food-related blog entry of all time is this
one...

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Excellent favourite and second favourite, the photos and commentary on Giada were a good laugh. I read the Bourdain guest blog the other day and loved it too.

Thu Feb 22, 05:09:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Yeah, "satan's slushee" never gets old. Bourdain did a great job, that's good vitriol.

Thu Feb 22, 12:18:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

Vitriol when properly prepared somehow becomes so sweet. Magic I guess.

Thu Feb 22, 04:17:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

Absolutely, when the sentiment and intentions behind it are genuine.

Thu Feb 22, 08:53:00 PM PST  
Blogger Eric Riback said...

I'm not gonna watch that Giada travel show. She's my Goddess and I won't see her despoiled like a two-bit Rachel Ray.

Thu Feb 22, 10:12:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Eric,

They tried to do the same to Bourdain and he left the Food Network over it. Now I'm sure that Giada, as a DeLaurentis, should be well off to a degree, but her television career has just started, and I think that the Food Network has somewhat taken advantage of her.

Bourdain is famous for being a rebel and a non-conformist, but Giada's career was just taking off and they shoehorned her into Rachael's old slot, now that Miss Ray's gone nationwide.

Fri Feb 23, 11:16:00 AM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

I REMEMBER THAT POST! so funny! I love antnee bourdain. my mother turned me onto him. he's a hedonist and sexy in that twisted, dark, shoulda been a biker ex-con way.

I also love that he doesn't exercise restraint, not a modicum of it.

Fri Feb 23, 05:03:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie,

I was just checking out the menu of his restaurant

http://www.leshalles.net/ny_park.php

He is a rare chef in his accessability and everyday personality.

Fri Feb 23, 07:39:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home