Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Top Cleft

In the tradition of a Brand Nubian song, "Marcels Go To Bars To Get Beat Down."

Marcel: This girl came up to me at a nightclub and asked me if I was Marcel from Top Chef. The next thing I knew, this bottle struck me, and my friends had to rush me to the hospital. I needed 30 stitches for this.

I didn't like the guy on the show, but I never insult or assault people that prepare or serve food. It's the kind of karma that comes back around to you, entirely too fast and all too wrong.

(I spotted the Marcel-bit on Beth Spotswood's blog)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

holy mackerel- so its not always cool to look a bit like a celebrity!

Wed Feb 21, 06:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

If and when the show is aired over there, let me know if you think he was portrayed fairly. As the Missus pointed out to me about Marcel in an email:

"I also think he's in hardcore denial, about a lot of things. And that pisses people off, too --- if one's self-perception is not in line with reality, other people get angry, whether that self-image is negative or positive."

It does seem like he cheated a couple of times, but one can't be too sure, as he was only "caught" on film one time, and that could've been staged in post-production. Whether it was staged or not (as "Reality TV" is anything but), it seemed like he didn't have anyone left in his corner by the end of the competition.

Wed Feb 21, 10:15:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home