Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Katie Tagged Me!

Katie said, what would you do if Jesus came to your house? I'm on the verge of blogging burnout, so I cannot adaquately address this the way I would like to.

Let me say this, I don't respect most organized religons...that is to say, not the religons themselves, but the people world-wide that do both borderline and heinous things in the name of God. That's not exclusive to so-called Christians who are anything but Christ-like. There's a whole lot wrong on our planet that people are perpetrating in the name of Allah, or Buddha, or any name that people worship God under.

So, if someone showed up at my door and claimed to be Jesus? Unless I was filled with the Holy Spirit, I would tend to be skeptical and I would tell this person, "no thanks."

If I were filled with the Holy Spirit? Welcome to my humble home, we've been waiting. I would ask Jesus to fill in so many blanks in history and life. I would ask for forgivness for not living by his example and I would ask him to show me the way. Finally, I would ask "where does mankind go from here?"

Katie asked me to tag five people, but I fear that I might offend somebody along the way. I'm only going to tag James, because I believe that he will recognize this just as a meme. Anyone else who reads this can feel free to tag themselves.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Omar Cruz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu May 03, 07:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger BeckEye said...

So, where is this fantastic cannabis report that you've done?

I would've guessed this entry would bring out the religious freaks, not the potheads.

Thu May 03, 07:49:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thu May 03, 10:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

I love your response. thank you so much for doing it. you're absolutely right, zealotry in any form is dangerous and this is a perfect reminder of that.

grazie, bubbie

Thu May 03, 06:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie,

Prego, Bubbie-licious.

Thu May 03, 08:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger James said...

Who you calling a pothead? ;)

Fri May 04, 04:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

James,

She is referring to some Costa Rican cannabis spam, the richest spam on Earth!

Fri May 04, 09:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

k, i'll tag myself in your comments...
firstly i'd die of shame over the state of my flat, and once i got over that- i'd suggest we go to my mom's or to my sister's or to da bruvva's place for cake and tea- so we can all quiz him in comfort!
sheesh i hope i know him for who he is!

Sun May 06, 06:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angela,

You can't die of shame, he already knows what your flat looks like because his father told him so. I hope that he could understand that a little messiness is part of being human.

As far as recognizing him for whom he is? Very few people did the first time he hung out on Earth. That's why I would hope that God will send him down with the Holy Spirit flowing through him, so that he's not mistaken simple for a magician.

Plus, if there is such a thing as Satan, he would do his best to line up the ultimate false prophet in an effort to throw everybody off.

Sun May 06, 08:37:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home