Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Five Things Meme..In Detail

Johnny Dollars plays tough and he sez-


Sorry to pop this on you, but there is a second half to this meme. This time I want to know how you plan to fix the specific regret, or what led to this type of regret.


Here are the regrets if you didn't read them before.

What lead to most of these regrets? I am impulsive and I had my foresight removed, along with something else I had removed that begins with "f-o-r-e." That's right, the moile removed my ability to play golf (there was no bris, just a little Catskills humor there).

The first and third regrets are fairly self-explanatory and the second is a meme for another day. The fourth is something that everybody goes through. Number five stands the best chance of me going into detail...

"5) That I have let myself get discouraged on occasions, when all I had to do was work a little harder or show a little more resolve."

I'm not bothering with "mission statements" or anything of that ilk this year, not that I bothered with those before. I have known for the last five years, exactly what needs to be done and just how to do it. I said it almost a decade ago and it remains true now. "If live gives you tripe, make menudo." Not, not a boy band, it's a variation of "if life give you lemons, make lemonade."

A rejection letter would be nice. Hell, dozens of them would be even better because I want to paper the apartment like Hemingway did. If I don't get one, fine and get nothing but publishing crickets, I won't get discouraged because I'll simply submit a story (or quite possibly, dare I say, a screenplay?) somewhere else.

I have been working harder already than I have in the past seven months and though I don't have as many completed works as I should, I still am writing every weekday.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger EditorJDC said...

My job is to stick my finger in other people's psyches.

JDC

Wed Jan 16, 01:45:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Johnny Dollars,

Well, as dirty as my mind is, please use a glove.

There's just no telling where mine or anyone else's psyche has been.

Thu Jan 17, 12:03:00 AM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

fuckin-a, bubbie, and I'm proud a'yer ass!

Sun Feb 03, 12:03:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

Of John pokin' his finger, or?...

Sun Feb 03, 07:14:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home