Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Because Sometimes You Have To Explain It

Some people at work who enjoy mindless action films cannot understand why I get worked up about a complete collapse of logic or inconsistent and/or lazy plotting in said films.

So basically I came up with this slogan
http://www.cafepress.com/writeprocrast.40938018

"It's A Screenwriting Thing (you wouldn't understand unless I pitched it to you)!" It works on many levels and not just when you're trying to get across why spectacular stunts and explosions do not excuse shoddy deus ex machina endings.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we need to wear that as a shirt

Wed Dec 14, 05:44:00 AM PST  
Blogger Fun Joel said...

Hmmm, so how did I become a Human Daiquiri, anyway? I've always been more partial to margaritas myself, and even more partial to Guinness or good Scotch, but I'll take it! Makes me think of New Orleans.

Wed Dec 14, 07:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quill,

It's there in shirt, hoodie, sweatshirt, mug, and mousepad-form too.

Joel,

My first impression when I saw the jpg. was that it was a mai tai umbrella in your mouth. Daiquiris are smoother, sipped, casual and you don't want a mai tai-connotation associated with you. You are "Fun Joel," not "Hangover Joel."

Wed Dec 14, 08:56:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home