Saturday, July 29, 2006

Blogpourri

What is, "it's hard being a screenwriter," Alex?

For some reason, Terrence Howard's "Djay" is in my ha-yed, mah-nn. Mostly the accent.

What is, "going Annie Wilkes?"

Mind you, I wouldn't lock up some of my favorite authors and force them to write. That's just stupid (facial tic, facial tic) and wrong. If they won't become more prolific, then it's up to me to write the kinds of stories that I want to read.

Still,
Eddie Muller has to have another book in him and The Blonde doesn't come out until November. Elvis Cole is strictly on vacation.

There is a promised Harry Bosch novella at the New York Times, that is serialized. I don't think the person who came up with that idea is a working parent. Otherwise,
Echo Park isn't coming out until September 6th, where the folks across the pond get it before us. We have to wait until October 9th...WTF??? Did Tony Blair swing that deal?

What is, "put a cork in all that whistling?"

A certain product for men that has a mascot named "Smiling Bob," has an annoying theme song that is whistled. I'm not mentioning the product, only because I don't want to draw those people here when they Google for the stuff. I don't mind it when people whistle, but I'm not a fan of whistling themes, "Colonel Bogey March" from "The Bridge on The River Kwai" being the one exception.

But damn, that theme is annoying. Then Wendy's bought a whistling jingle that sounds just like a continuation of the "Smiling Bob" theme. Thank God for mute buttons or I'd go off on the jingle writers like Djay did on Skinny Black.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger haahnster said...

The theme song from The Andy Griffith Show was a right-fine piece of whistlin'. Only "evil-doers" don't like it. Just so you know.

Sat Jul 29, 12:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

damn! now you've got me whistling "i was kaiser bill's batman"

Sat Jul 29, 03:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Haahnster,

It's okay as themes go, I liked it much more as a kid. Does that make me a "semi-evil doer?"

Angel,

"damn! now you've got me whistling "i was kaiser bill's batman"

You've lost me darlin'.

Which according to the Missus, is not that hard to do.

Sat Jul 29, 03:49:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home