Tuesday, August 15, 2006

New York Women Are Like That, And I've Been Tagged

She didn't send flowers or a card. She didn't take me out to dinner or even kiss me...sigh. New York women are like that. I swear, just like the Missus.

Katie took my meme virginity, so...

"10 years ago..."

Procrastinator Jr. was the most fun baby in the world and proof that babies are the best therapy ever, for parents. He'd be up at seven in the morn', the Missus would sleep in while I changed his diapers. I'd wash up, give him a bottle of formula and just melt with the bliss of parenthood. That was pretty much one of the only things that went right back then.

"5 years ago..."

I had one screenplay that was about to be used to line bird cages at this
place, but the opus was almost done and it was a time of optimism. The three of us also missed being on the airplane side of 9/11 by days, only in mathematical theory.

"one year ago..."

No life changing or family events that I can remember.

"5 songs I know all the words to..."

Nothing. I remember about 95% of "Kashmir," "Fashion," "When The Levee Breaks," "Brass In The Pocket," and, oh, I know! "Rockafeller Skank," that's easy enough!

"5 snacks I love and wish I could eat"

Lobster Roll
Wing Sing's chicken curry over chow mein
Irving Street Cafe's California Burger
Irving Cafe's (different restaurant) Meatball Bhan Mi
Samosas or sambusas

"5 places I'd run away to..."

Venezia
Siena
La Spezia
Jamaica
Anywhere in the Emilia Romagna countryside

"5 things I'd never wear..."

A tie. Try to put one on me and you'll get a fistfull.
Bell Bottoms.
A shirt with a butterfly collar.
Women's clothes. If that's what you're into, I don't begrudge that. But it's not my thing.
A wife beater. I don't have the physique for it at the moment.

"5 favorite tv shows... I have so many, vintage and new."

"High Incident." A "Hill Street Blues" for my generation, that was set in the San Fernando Valley.
"Andy Richter Controls The Universe."
"The Tick," either version.
"The Sopranos."
Any anime that isn't girly like "Sailor Moon."

"5 greatest joys..."

A kiss from the Missus.
My son when he's happy.
The Missus when she's happy.
Late night speeding.
A three picture deal.

"5 favorite toys...."

My laptop.
The XBox 360.
Our car.
I plead the fifth on the last two.

I hate to tag someone else, mostly because I don't want to exclude someone like I've been excluded, but...

Beth
Hoochie
ITSW
Haahnster
and
The Missus

Y'all are tagged, especially the Missus because now she will actually have to update her blog (heh-heh-heh).

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger haahnster said...

Thanks for the tag. Speaking of favorite TV shows, here's my idea of the perfect drinking game to get everyone wasted: Watch Law & Order: Criminal Intent and drink every time D'Onofrio tilts his head while interrogating a suspect.

Tue Aug 15, 11:33:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

wp, you are SO FUNNY, I can't stand it!! I love, LOVE, LOVE everything you said. your love for your wife and son is so inspiring, I can't even begin to tell you!!!

thanks for playing the tag game with me!! you're the best sport ever.

Tue Aug 15, 02:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Haahnster,

You're welcome and you're talking alcohol poisoning there. Thousands would die just on the Oliva D'Abo episodes alone.

Katie,

You're welcome and thank you for including me. I'm here for you.

Tue Aug 15, 08:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

Hey, writeprocrastinator, I'm gonna do the tag thing tonight or in the morning ... but, guess what? I'm sitting in your fair city right now, overlooking the Union Square Macy's. Dinner tomorrow at House of Nanking!

Wed Aug 16, 05:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

awwww!!! a kiss from the missus?!?!?! LOVE THAT!!!

Wed Aug 16, 09:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

Email me, we should go out to lunch on Friday!

Nicole

Thanks and thanks for the meme.

Thu Aug 17, 07:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

I have meme'ed, sir.

Thu Aug 17, 07:05:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home