Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Who's A What?

So Procrastinator Jr. and I had just finished eating, the Missus was still on her salad when we got a slow rumbler. I told Junior to get under the table and as soon as he did, the quake was basically over.

The Missus was still eating her salad, while Procrastinator Jr. got up and sat down. As I glanced over at the Missus, I realized that she didn't even flinch.

Me: Well, look, who's been living out here too long. Who's jaded Californian now?
The Missus: (bored) You're just mad because I didn't get under the table.
Me: No, seriously, did you even move?

7 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

Since your last post was about feces, I originally thought "slow rumbler" referred to something else. I was expecting this post to be much funnier, in a 3rd grade sort of way.

Thu Dec 21, 12:40:00 PM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

that's funny.

whenever I feel the earth quaking, I scream at the top of my lungs. but, every single time I hear "crust" and "earth" used side by side, I get super hungry for pizza.

go figure.

Thu Dec 21, 06:40:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

Okay, okay, no more fecal posts ever ; )

Katie,

The Missus has been out here since '83, so that's how long it should take you to adjust.

Thu Dec 21, 07:34:00 PM PST  
Blogger barista brat said...

i only start to worry when books actually start falling out of the cases.

Fri Dec 22, 03:03:00 AM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

I think I'd be living in constant fear but would probably be blase about the whole thing in no time too.

Do all the radio stations cue up I Feel The Earth Move for occasions like this?

Fri Dec 22, 04:27:00 AM PST  
Blogger chelene said...

We had one here once and I slept right through it. Maybe I was a native Californian in another life.

Fri Dec 22, 11:16:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Brat,

That's my criteria for getting under the table, though I want my loved one protected as their heads aren't quite as hard as mine.

Dale,

Read Brat's comment, she contextualized it perfectly.

Chelene,

The quake that you all had was equal to the one snow day that we've had here, almost too low on the oppostie coast scale, to measure.

Fri Dec 22, 12:30:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home