Sunday, May 13, 2007

"Hand Solo" Or A Meme By Any Other Name

Todd has laid down a meme-challange, a one-word association free-for-all:

I have seen and participated in some meme thingies floating around the cybersphere, so I decided to create my own for some unique procrastination activity. I will list a series of items and YOU tell me what the first word was that came to mind after reading it.

Only ONE word now, as this is like a psychological test being administered to a struggling screenwriter killing time in a waiting room thumbing through a week old copy of Variety on his way to a screenwriting Prodco meeting. Example; Pacino (one may write God as a response)Here are your prompts, tell me the one word that springs to mind for each.

Pop on over and give it a try. If not and you post it to your blog, please give credit to Todd.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

here's my list, wp:

spider man - kirsten dunst
cell phones - my neighbor
moviequill - four feathers the movie
fishnet stockings and high heels - bettie page
casablanca - rita hayworth. I know, I know.
la la land - uggs
hbo - chris albrecht
don imus - hair

Tue May 15, 03:13:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

Ah, see? You fell in the trap as I almost did. The trick is just one word. Is Albrecht the girlfriend pusher?

Tue May 15, 05:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

i went and had a look... but i didn't know what some of them were (kaufmann & nc-17) so i packed it in...

Sun May 20, 05:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

Kaufman wrote the film "Adapation" and "The Eternal Sunshine of The (Spotless?) Mind." He is the a real big deal in the screenwriter world, mostly for being an iconoclast.

NC-17 is the rating that is between R (no one admitted under 17 without a parent) and X (adults only). Most NC-17 movies would be rated 15 & up in other countries, though some are truly "adults only" in nature.

Sun May 20, 09:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

aaaaah- south african movies are just an age, like "12", "15", "16" or are "pg" (parental guidance recommended) and occasionally are "age"+"pg". what annoys me no end is that they're mostly ignored by south african parents who have taken to using movie theatres as babysitters... and parents who do adhere to age restrictions (like me and my parents) are sniggered at as being too protective. but thats a whole post on its own!
i'll go and have another look at that meme then shall i?

Sun May 20, 10:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

I've heard of people bringing infants to R movies here, though I've been lucky so far. Not to mention, you know that an infant or a toddler in a horror movie is going to cry incessantly (rightfully so).

Go for the meme, I'll check to see how you did.

Sun May 20, 07:54:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home