Friday, May 11, 2007

Here Come's Lizzy Borden-tail...

...chopping down the blogroll trail.

I got the axe from three blogrolls. One from a person stopped coming here a long time ago and is one of the reasons I'm so reluctant now to tag anyone. One who just gave the heave-ho to everybody that the person had linked to and I'm not entirely sure who the third person is, Orson Welles. The reason why I know I got chopped was because according to Technorati a couple of months ago, this blog fourteen links. I do have an idea who the third party is, but I don't want to tip off their counter system or Sitemeter...hell if I know why I should care what they think now.

Only the former hurts and that took a few days to get over. The latter two? I can understand to a lesser degree. I have some sites and blogs in my blogroll that I rarely visit. Still I keep them there because I want others to appreciate the very same qualities that I first saw.

I stopped caring about being linked on a numerical scale about halfway through the fifth month of this blog. There was a D.C. blogger and she had over a hundred and fifteen links to her blog...












...I believe Technorati didn't even have her in the Top 3,000. Even with comment moderation, she gets about three spams in each comment section a day.

So all is fine, because there are people who blogroll me, that Technorati doesn't count and I get quality comments, from quality people here. Plus everyone who visits seems civilizied (at least when hanging out here) and the spam is fairly low. To those who kicked me loose? Good luck to you all and barring a Gibson, Richards or that former DJ who looks like a scarecrow-type of rant, you are all still on my blogroll.


If only to spite or confuse you.

8 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

I'd never quit you, WP.

Fri May 11, 09:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

Thank you! Just as I was about to hunt down that sample from "Saving Private Ryan" where he says, "tell me I'm a good man...tell me I'm a good man!"

Fri May 11, 10:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dale said...

I don't even wish I could quit you WP. You're a safe haven for good writing and stuff.

Sat May 12, 07:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

What? I can't hear you with the echo in here? ; )

Sat May 12, 09:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

I want names!!! how anyone could break up with my online bff fahevah baffles the fuck out of me. you ROCK, WP and so does your blog!!!

Sat May 12, 10:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

Thanks, though as an aspiring screenwriter, I have to learn not to name names.

Sun May 13, 12:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

nah, don't be so hard on yaself, bubbie! come on now. that ain't true and you know it. we all know it.

Sun May 13, 11:08:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

Quoth the Costello, "I'm a bad boy."

Sun May 13, 12:05:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home