Saturday, June 02, 2007

Rick's Back...

A co-worker rattled off all of these silly movies (his words) that I should see. I'm guessing from the glazed-over look I must have had in my eyes, that he deduced that he wasn't reaching me. He said, "Procrastinator, you have to see some silly movies every once in awhile, it's good for you."

I tried to explain as politely as possible, that silly movies aren't my cup of tea. I'll watch Larry The Cableguy on Comedy Central, for as long as he can string together a series of good or decent jokes. But I'm not going to the theater or renting a film of his, when I'm fairly certain that it will blow chunks.

I can't tell my coworker, that this is what I find funny...Rick Crowley shining the proper light on parenthood and bunnies.

That's comedy, plus I didn't have to spend five dollars on a soda. Or stand in line at Blockbuster, wasting my life behind some schuck smelling of "Eau De Roadkill." As he argues with the clerks over the outstanding charges he owes for "Showgirls: The Special Edition" and that Blockbuster should sell hand lotion, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

I agree. Silly movies are a MUST. My favorites are "Tommy Boy" and "Kingpin." They are hilarious.

And you probably already know about my love for silly '80s movies. Go rent "Fraternity Vacation" right now!

Sat Jun 02, 12:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

Now, see, "Tommy Boy" isn't silly, "Tommy Boy" is funny. "Beverly Hills Ninja" is silly and I've never finished that one. Besides a better written script and gags, "Tommy Boy" had the advantage of Spade as a foil, so it wasn't just Farley getting hurt, over and over again.

Yes, I know from your blog that you love silly 80's movies and me being a geezer, I relate to silly 70's and late 60's silly movies. Virtually all of the movies in the 80's are silly, if you look at them with a jaundiced 21st Century eye. Even "Fatal Attraction" and certainly "Flashdance."

"Fraternity Vacation?" You've stumped me in the one era I shouldn't have been stumped, the golden era of HBO.

Sat Jun 02, 04:49:00 PM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

didn't they finally decide "showgirls" was a load of rubbish...? or was that not on his recommended list?

Sun Jun 03, 12:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

I was goofing on guys who keep movies entirely too long, that don't want to pay for it. After so many days, Blockbuster will charge it to your account as a sale.

Back in the day, I heard of someone who kept "Reform School Girls" for months and his parents were less than ecstatic with the late fees.

No it wasn't me, I was twenty-one by then and could afford to buy it. I was past the "babes in prison" phase by then, anyway.

Sun Jun 03, 08:29:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home