Friday, April 04, 2008

Past Adventures In Hair

Of this post, the Editor JDC asks, you aren't related to this guy are you?




Hells (sic) no! I was rockin' the "Jimi Hendrix" hair since birth, while Mr. Pead a.k.a. "Yahoo Serious" was still sporting a crew cut in New South Wales.



In high school, I had either of these two "Warrior" hairstyles.


Forget condoms, the pill, diaphragms or IUD's. In an affluent Reagan era white suburb, these two hairstyles, no car and no job were all I needed for birth control.




100% effective, don't you know? And you can't say that about all the other methods. So now I have the "Shik*m*ru."






I took the two letters "a" out of that name, we don't want the kids popping over here when they are searching for characters from their favorite show. So now I just put my hair up and it is short enough on the sides that I got a wife out of it. I can't say that about the other hairstyles.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Luther: [clicking beer bottles together] Waaaarrrrrriiiorsss, come out to pla-ay!

I love that movie. I haven't played the game yet.

Fri Apr 04, 10:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Editor JDC,

I haven't played the game, but I love all films from the "Walter Hill Golden Age of Film" ("The Warriors" up to "Johnny Handsome," excluding "Brewster's Millions.").

Sat Apr 05, 10:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dale said...

I use Lee Press On Hair and change it up as required. It's worked so far!

Sat Apr 05, 01:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Someone else with your hair.
http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/images/einstein4.jpg

Sat Apr 05, 03:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Shelley Jaffe said...

Forget about the Warriors helmet hair - did you do the vest w/o shirt thing, too?

Maybe you're weren't unattractive, you were just too much of a badass - I'd be a little kind-a afraid. And there would def be no coming out to play. Sorry.

Sat Apr 05, 04:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

But does the Press-on Hair hold up to the humidity?

John,

Of course, we have to get "Old Einstein" in there, too.

Baroness,

I didn't have the vest and I wasn't a bad ass, though I was told by some gals that they couldn't take me home to their dads, because of two of my races.

While I certainly didn't agree with their point of view, I realized that hey, they just moved out there about a decade ago, to get away from people like me.

Sat Apr 05, 08:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger BeckEye said...

I had no idea that Yahoo Serious had such a hot bod. I may have to watch that movie now!

Sat Apr 05, 11:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becky,

You've stumped for a comment.

Sun Apr 06, 03:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Gifted Typist said...

Love the Reaganite safe sex / birth control strategy

So true

Sun Apr 06, 07:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becky,

I meant, "you've stumped me for comment."

Gifted,

It worked far better than I could've imagined...or wanted to.

Nasty times, those...and not in a good sense.

Sun Apr 06, 07:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

teehee, so not something girls REALLY have to worry about...

Tue Apr 08, 11:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

Definitely not a concern for the fairer sex.

Wed Apr 09, 10:26:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home