Friday, April 28, 2006

Write Angry Part II

I downloaded the "firmware update" and the "mass storage driver" Monday evening, of course to no avail.

Wednesday, I went to Circuit City and exchanged the MP3 player for another of the same model. I loaded it up this morning and this time the player works for four whole seconds as opposed to three. The Missus said that if time was money, I've negated any savings that over purchasing an Ipod Nano. An intelligent lady, that woman, but not too much because she married my stubborn a**.

I called up their tech support and the support person said it was a "synchronization problem" and that the player wasn't recognizing it because it wasn't "a protected file." So I synchronize the files like a watch in a B-movie and I...nevermind, I'll get in trouble with the authorities if I complete that thought.

Let's just say that I will never buy anything made by Creative, ever, again. And I'll leave it at that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

so, what's the plan? are you going to cave and get an ipod? you can't not have music, procrastinator!

Fri Apr 28, 11:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie,

I can not have music, I just cannot deal with work anymore without music. Because I've been singing that Boomtown Rats song "Tell Me Why I Don't Like Mondays," every stinkin' day on the job.

The final verdict is to exchange it and upgrade to an Ipod Nano, getting it scratched at work be damned.

Sat Apr 29, 10:44:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad about the bad tech support, they are everywhere. hope Ipod Nano works, designwise it certainly much better although tech specs on audio, Creative looks & sounds better.

oh, btw, I didn't have any mp3 player. save all me all those tech support problems :)

Wed May 03, 08:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Slurp,

The Ipod Nano got scratched just like I thought it would. The Creative Labs Nano has only a little more than half of the memory, but its sound is almost comparable.

As much as you travel, how do you live without an MP3 player through all of those flights? Do you have a Discman? A Walkman? Or do you just listen to your music through the computer?

Thu May 04, 10:05:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my pda plays music (although it drains the battery pretty fast), my mobile also plays music (limited memory though), and there are tons of music available on in-flight entertainment, hence i don't think i ever needs those.

while working, just plug the headphone onto my notebook. :)

Sat May 06, 11:05:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home