Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Band Names and "Hey, I Used To Work With That Guy!"

So Yahoo had an article of which I will get to in a moment, but I don't post Yahoo articles. Because it has been my experience that the links go dead after three weeks. So, from the original source, apparently they have discovered new creatures following the collapse of an ice shelf in Antarctica.

A "psychedelic octopus" that somehow, doesn't look very psychedelic. I mean, I've seen more colorful and surreal octopi before, and yes, without the aid of psychotropics. Still, that would be a cool band name...

By the way, which one of you is Psychedelic Octopus?

Of course, if I were going to start a band, the name would be either "Red Headed Stepchild" or "The Japanese Hot Tub Monkeys." The latter is not a pejorative, it's a reference to the Japanese Macaques that chill out in the hot springs. They can be honery little cusses, but they're always mellow when they go hot tubbing.

Then, there are the sea squirts. Okay Sigmund, maybe this time it isn't a cigar or a duck. So many connotations and so little time to blog about them.

Not to mention, they allegedly found a new crustacean...



...new crustacean, my ass! I worked with that guy, he used to help himself to everyone's food in the breakroom fridge. I don't miss the cagey bastard at all, he used to put all eight of his feet on the table, too!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard they found a 1000 lb 39 foot long squid too...

Wed Feb 28, 08:04:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quill!!!

Great to see you! With a new avatar, no less!

Yeah, they said that if you made calamari with it, the rings would be as big as tractor trailer tires. New Zealand has so many creatures that are unique to just its coastal waters and I'm not surprised that the Colossal Squid would be hanging out there to feed on them.

Check out the "Oreo Dory."

http://www.sea-ex.com/fishphotos/dory,2.htm

They're actually edible and they dwell in the same deep waters as the squid.

Wed Feb 28, 10:48:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home